Yep, another music entry. Can’t help it, I’m a writer and music inspires me profoundly. These are my most recent downloads that get me to creating, exercising, day dreaming or dancing around my room like I’m on So You Think You Can Dance.
Lykke Li- Follow Rivers- This artist was played a few times on So You Think You Can Dance and although I didn’t see the movie Columbiana, the song for it kept getting in my head every time I saw the commercial and I don’t mind at all! I also like her song Little Bit which the rapper Drake has also used in one of his songs.
The Black Kids- I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance- So this group is not all black in case you were wondering, just the brother and sister. I love this song because it has an 80s vibe that I adore. When I hear it I want to dance around my room doing the Carlton Dance
from the Fresh Prince in Bel air. And they are from my family’s hometown of Jacksonville, Florida!
Chonique Sneed- Pop Drop and Roll- I heard this song on So You Think You Can Dance. Maybe it was the all girl routine that got me to like it but I rushed to down load it and when I hear it, it gets me shaking.
Otis Redding- Try A Little Tenderness- Yes, this song is as old as Moses but it’s just great. So great that Jay-Z and Kanye made a remix of it. But that’s not what got me to like it. Nope. It was the classic Pretty in Pink movie in which the character of Ducky (played by Jon Cryer whom I loved at the time simply for this role) lip sang this song to Molly Ringwold’s character when she was feeling down. When I hear this song, it is this scene that I remember. For that reason that is the video I choose to put up.
Any songs, old or new, that just won’t leave your head?
I am a makeup/beauty/magazine junkie. Every now and then I will put up a post that will turn off any male readers and this is one of them, sorry. If you are into fashion/make up then you know September is one of the biggest month’s for all things glam and just about every magazine is packed with information to feed my addiction. As such I was inspired to bring up my own mini post on some of my own favorite products. Choosing just five is difficult but in order to keep myself in check I must limit myself. So here are my tried and true beauty products that I will invest in time again!
- Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme: I have naturally curly hair and therefore it is as dry as a dessert. This stuff will make my hair less tumbleweed and more luscious. It’s not cheap (surprising since Targets sells it) but its worth my dime every time!
- Benefits They’re Real: When the Sephora lady told me that this mascara was the best thing out, I had my doubts but I put it on and my lashes looked awesome. Way better than my current Maybeline Falsies. It’s pricey (around $21) but worth the investment if you love that false lash look.
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More: anything in this line really. I did some major research and every review/advice pointed to this line. I have VERY oily skin and I can’t stand it! I put this on and no oily skin messing up my make up or making my skin feel iky. Another pricey affair (about $45) but if you have extremely oily skin sometimes you gotta make that investment.
- Bare Escentuals: Again for an oily skined gal, mineral is the way to go. It’s not heavy but fully covers and it last a LONG time because the ingridents are more natural so I don’t have to toss it as quickly.
- Chi Ion flat iorn– I’ve had mine forever (and I want it to last forever since I dropped a pretty penny for mine well before it got the hype it rightly deserves and other lines started making them for way less). As I stated before, since I have natural, unrelaxed hair, having a chi is literally the best thing since sliced bread for me. When I blow out my hair I looke like Rudi Huxtable but this tames my hair so it looks relaxed and blows in the breeze. Love it!
Any favorite products that are a must for you?