Every once in a while I like to alienate any men who might read this blog and do a posting strictly for the ladies. So, if you have read some earlier posts you know that I am a bit of a makeup junkie. I’ve tried to tone it back because make up really does expire after a few months to years so I don’t want to keep investing without throwing away so I’ve become very particular about what I buy.
This lead me to think up this post. When it comes to make up, here are the must have products that I don’t mind buying again and again:
- Mascara- I am a big mascara girl but since you are supposed to trash it after three months (and remember don’t pump mascara just take the wand out, otherwise you are exposing it to more bacteria) I don’t like spending a lot on it (my fav expensive brand is Benefits Cosmetics They’re Real). So I am always in search for a good drugstore brand mascara. Right now I’m loving Photo Ready 3D volume. Gives me great volume and length without the high cost and stressful false lash application.
- Powder- I have oily skin so I’m always looking for a great powder to set my makeup to avoid the “just went for jog” sweaty look. Makeup Forever HD Microfinish powder sets my makeup wonderfully without giving me that ashy face that sometime doesn’t pop up until you see the picture of yourself looking like a ghost. A bit pricy but worth it (found at Sephora)
- BB Cream- ever since I heard of the Beauty Balm, first made famous in Asia before hitting the states, I was sold. An all in one cream that cuts down on the many products that I would apply on my face, thus saving time and money? I’m in! My department store option is Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. It moisturizes, has SPF, primes and controls oil. Two good drugstore options are Garnier and Rimmel. Garnier just added one for oily skin which matifies, protects, minimizes pores, evens out skin and few other things. Rimmel does the same.
- Lipstick- I love a long wear lipstick that doesn’t make my lips dry and peel. Loreal Infalliable lipstick is my go to for that. They have a large selection and I always get caught up trying to find a shade to buy.
- Eyeliner- I’m a liquid liner girl all the way. Your eyes Will pop with liquid liner, you don’t even need eyeshadow and you will have a “notice me” look. But when I don’t feel like steadying my arm to get that perfect line, I go to Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Eyeliner. It gives the staying power and bold black color a liquid will without the hassle.
- Blush- Ahh, the power of the blush. Many women sleep on this essential makeup. But I am telling you- don’t! It will transform your face. Just don’t go heavy, or you Will look like a clown. I’m no expert on blush so I like the easy go-to when finding the right color. I like Cargo’s blush because it comes in several shades in one can which can serve as a bronzer, blush and highlighter (I’m not so great at contouring but I swear if I could I’d be one fierce drag queen). I also love Bare Minerals blush. For a more sensible budget, I go to NYX blush (they are also good for eyeshadow)
Well hope this helps anyone out there looking for some makeup brand ideas. If you do try these brands or have tried them in the past please let me know how you made out with them.