Hey folks, another quick cook post. As I’ve said before, I’m trying to cook more as I enter my weight loss journey and so far so good. As always, I don’t like cooking anything that’s going to take me forever and a year so whatever I can make that expends the least energy is my friend. Here’s a dish I did well with:
chicken (boneless/skinless and cut up in bite sizes)
6 tbps. curry powder
1 1/2 tps kosher salt
2 tps garlic powder
2 oz cooking oil
2 1/2 tbps vinegar
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 potato (cut up in bite sizes- I used red potatoes this time)
1 onion cut up
1 green bell pepper cut up
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
2 sprigs thyme
1 cup coconut milk
Dump all of the above in your slow cooker (you can do it over a stove as well for about 30 minutes, cook chicken first) and heat in crock pot on high for about 4 hours. Make some rice according to the way that works best for you (I did an instant rice pack) and pour the curry on top. Done
I love make up. I do not love putting it on. There’s the expectation I have and the reality. Truth is, going around looking like I’m in a confessional on the Housewives of (fill in the blank) isn’t really practical. However, I do love a good glam look every now and then. I’ve posted about getting dramatic lashes so what about the rest of your look for a real-life glam look?
There are YouTube videos and magazine articles out there that will tell you all about highlighting, contouring, luminizing, concealing, setting, baking (yes, I’m still talking about applying make up). Sure the after effect is super gorgeous but I don’t have anywhere to go that fancy. So here are my simpler steps for nighttime glam for a girl just going out for some cocktails with her pals.
- Use a primer which is a good base for putting on your make up.
- Don’t forget the SPF if your foundation or primer doesn’t have any.
- Put on concealer for any under eye circles and pimples
- Put on foundation
- Now get a lighter shade of makeup (a solid is best over liquid or powder) and do a filled in up side down triangle under the eyes going the length of the eye with the tip at cheeks.
- Do a triangle on the forehead in between the eyes.
- Put some down the bridge of your nose.
- Use a darker shade and put on the hollow of your cheeks, right below the cheek bone.
- If you are ambitious, you can put some around your hairline on your forehead and on your jaw line and the sides of your nose. I don’t
- You can then put a bit of highlighter on the tops of your cheekbones and in the corners of your eyes.
- Throw some blush on the apples of the cheeks.
- Some people “bake” here and let all this sit for about 5 minutes before blending it all and finishing off with a setting powder or spray.
- Now put on your lipstick. Bold matte lips are very in right now, especially dark reds and plums.
I’m not much of a mushy person but I figure for Valentine’s day I’d do a post related to love. I’m a big music fan, especially music that is not on the top 40 list. So here’s a quick and not so dirty post of some of my favorite sexy songs to listen to with your O-So- Special someone (some of these are a little dusty but they still might be new to you).
Two Weeks- FKA twigs – the video is giving me Alliyah in her Lestat movie but the song is still sexy
Latch (Acoustic) – Sam Smith – everyone knows the remix version but the simple acoustic version is sweeter
Firestone – Kygo, Conrad Sewell – another sexy yet cluby song
Fool for You- Alice Smith – Ceelo did a version of this as well that I like but I like Alice’s style a bit more
Don’t Wait (Benny Blanco Remix)- Mapei – quirky video but kinda what I imagined when I heard the song
Down Here in Hell (With You)- Van Hunt – this is from the early 2000s. Love this artist, very underrated
So in an earlier post I mentioned how I am trying to cook more. One weakness of mine is that I don’t like being in the kitchen all day. I like to make a quick meal. My other focus is making food tasty enough for me to want to eat over, say, getting some pizza. For an impatient girl like me that is a real challenge. But one I am willing to take one. So here is a quick and easy dinner option. Chili! I make mine with turkey but you can use beef, pork or ground chicken instead (or skip meat altogether).
A pound of meat of your choice (I used ground turkey and hot Italian sausage (skin removed))
Chili seasoning packet (or do your own seasoning but, I likes a quick cook)
can of diced tomatoes (undrained)
2 cans of dark kidney beans (undrained)
First cook the meat in a pan. Then transfer to a slowcooker (or for faster results a pot). In the slowcooker pour the meat, then the chili sauce, add the beans some sliced jalapenos, diced tomatoes and corn. Set the slowcooker on high for about 3 to 4 hours. I like my chili super spicy and I add shredded cheese on top. Good to go. Little hassle.